Monday, July 5, 2010

The Misunderstood God - The lies religion tells about God


"Could you imagine me holding my nine-month-old-son, Jude, in my arms and telling him that under no circumstances would I share my glory with him? What if I lovingly told him that if he disobeyed me again and again I would pour gasoline on him and light him on fire? What kind of father would I be if I explained to him that he needed to give me 10 percent of everything he had or I would withdraw my hand of protection from his life and allow the fires of hello to swallow him? What if I told one of my daughters that she was put here on this earth to be a servant and a slave to me? Could you picture me telling my children that I've written everything about me down in a book and unless they read it every day of their lives, they'll never know me? What parent would purposely inject their child with a terrible disease as a punishment for disobedience? What father would turn his head away from his son or daughter the moment the child made a mistake?"

Can you imagine this about an earthly father? Yet we have attributed these things to our heavenly father whose love knows no bound and no conditions.

Every bad thing that happens in this world gets blamed upon God. If we lose our jobs, we think God is a the root of it. If we have heart attacks, God gave them to us. If we lose loved ones, it's because God killed them. If our businesses fail, we immediately suspect that God is punishing us for something we did. Every terrible thing that happened is charged to God's account. We truly believe that God has the character and personality of the devil.

No comments:

THE NAKED GOSPEL - Andrew Farley

Please download this book for FREE by clicking here. You can also buy a copy for yourself by clicking here. It is a MUST read for every Christian! As Andrew puts it, it is "Jesus plus nothing. 100% natural. No additives.It's the truth you may never hear in church. The Naked Gospel is a chapter-by-chapter assault on the churchy jargon and double talk of our day. It puts forth a message that is simple but life-changing. With a fresh take on Scripture and unapologetic style, The Naked Gospel will challenge you to re-examine everything you thought you already knew."